Translate

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The Language Of Gemstones: 1

I speak two languages: Body and English.
-Mae West

I love people and gemstones. I work with people from around the world who want to learn about gemstones and their values so that they can make a living buying or selling gemstones. In a way people are like gemstones of mixed qualities. They come in all shapes, sizes, colors and disguises. I enjoy working with them.

No two people are alike. The amazing thing about people is: they have beauty, rarity, and complex behavioral traits, but not always durable. Every person is a unique species with its own chemical, physical and emotional properties. Under proper magnification most are emotionally complex gemstones. I have yet to find a flawless or near flawless person. Most are born with inclusions, live their lives one way or the other and die, but gemstones live on.

For some time I have been noticing a strange phenomenon. Most people have attention deficit traits. They see, but don’t see; they listen, but don’t listen, and they like gemstones. They won't admit it, but they are unique. They are good pretenders. At times I get more passionate about people than gemstones because gemstones don’t talk. Really.

I also like the silence and solitude of gemstones. They are spiritual and therapeutic. People always love to talk, all the time. Correct me if I am wrong? Gemstones have a strange way of connecting with people—by its color, shape, size, flashes and a good story. Gemstones have taught me to become a keen observer so that I am able to analyze complex situations and find solutions; sort of identifying gemstones and people without instruments. It’s not perfect science, but it works.

No comments: