Translate

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Gemscentric

Written by Julian Robov


Forty Eight


She stood by the bedroom watching him. Her maid had tossed a pill in his drink before leaving. It was wishful thinking. Rudy was already fast asleep. Busaban had been waiting for the moment. She always liked experimenting with men her way. That’s how she graded them.
Poor, fair, good, very good, excellent.
Her expression changed, as she moved closer on the verge of action. She touched his hair and gently brushed his forehead. She began undressing him to have a full view.
“Rudy, I want you. I’ve always needed you.”
Suddenly Rudy took her in a quick embrace kissing her hard. She was wrong this time. She was stripped naked, as his hands encircled her thick waist, and punctually her arms surrounded his neck, sucking his mouth back to her in a deep kiss. Their naked flesh began solidifying from the igneous thrust, pushing themselves into different positions, dissolving in a pool of extruded hot liquid flow. She clung to him soaked in their own liquids enjoying his selective body touch. He was the master, and she became his student.
Hours later, she slipped from his embrace, walking toward a small table in the corner for the wine.
“You okay?”
“I think this was the best fuck I had in five years.”
“You sure?”
She laughed, wine glass in hand.
“I wish I had a husband like you.”
“What’s wrong with him?”
“His penis is too small, and cries a lot while in bed. It doesn’t work—weak to inert.”
“Why?”
“He says God created him that way so he can’t do anything about it.”
“Maybe it’s psychological. You should help him overcome his fear.”
“Me? I’m not quite sure if I’m qualified for the job.”
He giggled mischievously, as Busaban poured wine into his glass.
“I want you to keep this relationship between us purely experimental and friendly. That way you’ll be safe.”
“Sure. I know what you mean.”
“You know something. I have always thought about this. Why aren’t we created perfect?”
“Maybe God isn’t perfect. He has need of us even as we have need of God.”
“Hmm, good point. I like the way you said that, you know, philosophical. Do you believe in karma?”
“You mean the law of cause and effect in the moral world?”
“Quite close. Our spirits that were never born will never die. It will have to come again, and take itself a physical, chemical and optical form in the image and likeness of the force that created the body.”
“Wow! You are going metamorphic, gemological and metaphysical. What’s the matter?”
“At times I feel fed up with this life. When the world looks at me, I have everything. Money, status, success, and family name, but what’s all this crap? It’s deceptive and impermanent.”
“You know what? I think you should not confuse yourself with asymmetrical thoughts. We are not perfect. I know that. You know it. That’s why we need each other. You are perceiving too hard to become perfect, and the end result? It boomerangs!”
“I think you should never marry a woman. Quite a lot are one way or another are qualified cheats no matter where you go. It’s the same experience everywhere. I have traveled a lot so I know what I am talking about. And you should be aware of that by now having lived in this part of the world for too long.”
That statement was too direct. Rudy gave her an ADR(anomalous double refractive)-like look.
“You want to hear something? Potch, Khanita and Denise are my good friends. And at the same time we all have that spiritual and love leakage, if that’s the right way to explain our situation. Gosh! No one has a clue what’s happening with our lives. Have you ever held in your hand a cut gemstone with a hundred percent brilliance? It doesn’t exist. You know it, because due to the size and shape of the rough gemstone, the cutter will have to compromise optical theory with economic reality. But does the ignorant world understand? No. For them it looks brilliant. A hundred percent! And the truth is, only an experienced eye can make the difference from poor, fair, good, very good to excellent. That’s the way we are. A brilliant-like gemstone with extinction (dark flashes due to light leakage) and windows (colorless flashes due to light leakage)!”
“I don’t get it.”
“Stay with us, and keep us happy. We’ll take care of you. That’s a promise. And, don’t worry about our husbands and children. They are joyless, confused, and useless, and they know it.”
“Do you think it’s morally correct to cheat your husband and children? Please don’t misunderstand me. You all have been good to me. It’s great. But I’m a farang (foreigner), an ordinary person trying to do extraordinary things without breaking the rules. We all need each other. But at the end of the day it’s your family, name, status, and I don’t want to ruin your lives.”
“I know what you mean, but it’s too late. Don’t worry. It’s all right. Trust me. You are safe. We need you. We have heard this countless times before.”
Rudy watched her closely enjoying himself immensely. She had a double refractive personality.

At office she was diligent, focused—with good business acumen, always ten years ahead of her competitors, controlling the mining and gemstone business as efficiently and precisely—like a surgical physician. She knew every in and out of the business and the future trend. Yet she had her dull moments, confused, desperate, metaphysical; she felt she had been slight disadvantaged at times. Quietly she yearned to have been in bed with the kind of men she loved, men with the hardness of a diamond or toughness of a jade— interlocking and durable. A victim of the fantasy world. She became aware of the look.
“You want to do it again,” she asked amusedly. “You’ve impregnated a lot of energy in me in a short time. I mean a lot.”
“Maybe so.”

No comments: