Translate

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Sjunde inseglet, Det (The Seventh Seal)

Memorable quotes from the movie:

Antonius Block (Max von Sydow): I want knowledge! Not faith, not assumptions, but knowledge. I want God to stretch out his hand, uncover his face and speak to me.

Death (Bengt Ekerot): But he remains silent.

Antonius Block (Max von Sydow): I call out to him in the darkness. But it's as if no one was there.

Death (Bengt Ekerot): Perhaps there isn't anyone.

Antonius Block (Max von Sydow): Then life is a preposterous horror. No man can live faced with death, knowing everything's nothingness.

Death (Bengt Ekerot): Most people think neither of death nor nothingness.

Antonius Block (Max von Sydow): But one day you stand at the edge of life and face darkness.

Death (Bengt Ekerot): That day.

Antonius Block (Max von Sydow): I understand what you mean.

No comments: