Translate

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Being John Malkovich

Memorable quote (s) from the movie:

Craig Schwartz (John Cusack): There's a tiny door in my office, Maxine. It's a portal and it takes you inside John Malkovich. You see the world through John Malkovich's eyes... and then after about 15 minutes, you're spit out... into a ditch on the side of The New Jersey Turnpike.

Maxine (Catherine Keener): Sounds great! Who the fuck is John Malkovich?

Craig Schwartz (John Cusack): Oh, he's an actor. He's one of the great American actors of the 20th century.

Maxine (Catherine Keener): Oh yeah? What's he been in?

Craig Schwartz (John Cusack): Lots of things. That jewel thief movie, for example. He's very well respected. Anyway, the point is... this is a very odd thing. It's supernatural, for lack of a better word. I mean, it raises all sorts of philosophical-type questions, you know... about the nature of self, about the existence of a soul. You know, am I me? Is Malkovich Malkovich? I had a piece of wood in my hand Maxine. I don't have it any more. Where is it? Did it disappear? How could that be? Is it still in Malkovish's head? I don't know! Do you see what a metaphysical can of worms this portal is? I don't see how I could go on living my life the way I've lived it before.

No comments: