Translate

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Gigi

Memorable quote (s) from the movie:

Gigi (Leslie Caron): I don't know what you want. You told Grandmama...

Gaston (Louis Jourdan): I know what I told your grandmother. We don't have to repeat it. Just tell me simply what you don't want... and tell me what you do want.

Gigi (Leslie Caron): Do you mean that?

Gaston (Louis Jourdan): Of course.

Gigi (Leslie Caron): You told Grandmama that you wanted to take care of me.

Gaston (Louis Jourdan): To take care of you beautifully.

Gigi (Leslie Caron): Beautifully. That is, if I like it. They've pounded into my head I'm backward for my age... but I know what all this means. To take care of me beautifully means I shall go away with you... and that I shall sleep in your bed.

Gaston (Louis Jourdan): Please, Gigi. I beg of you, you embarrass me.

Gigi (Leslie Caron): You weren't embarrassed to talk to Grandmama about it. And Grandmama wasn't embarrassed to talk to me about it. But I know more than she told me. To take care of me means that I shall have my photograph in the papers. That I shall go to the Riviera. To the races at Deauville. And when we fight, it will be in all the columns the next day. And then you'd give me up, as you did with InÈs des CÈvennes.

Gaston (Louis Jourdan): Who's been filling your head with all these old stories? How do you know about that?

Gigi (Leslie Caron): Why shouldn't I know? You're world famous. I know about the woman who stole from you; the Contessa who wanted to shoot you; the American who wanted to marry you. I know what everybody knows.

Gaston (Louis Jourdan): These aren't the things we have to talk about together. That's all in the past, over and done with.

Gigi (Leslie Caron): Yes, Gaston. Until it begins again.

No comments: