Translate

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Ray Movie

Memorable quote (s) from the movie:

Ray Charles (Jamie Foxx): Who is it?

Ahmet Ertegun (Curtis Armstrong): Mr. Charles, my name is Ahmet Ertegun. May I have a moment of your time?

Ray Charles (Jamie Foxx): What do you want? I'm at church.

Ahmet Ertegun (Curtis Armstrong): I'm sorry. I'll come back later.

Ray Charles (Jamie Foxx): You're here now, what do you want?

Ahmet Ertegun (Curtis Armstrong): Mr. Charles, my company, Atlantic Records, has just acquired your contract from Swingtime. I'd like to discuss your future.

Ray Charles (Jamie Foxx): Hold on, man. Don't jive me now. I ain't for sale.

Ahmet Ertegun (Curtis Armstrong): May I sit down? You see, Mr. Charles, it seems that Jack Lauderdale has found himself, shall we say, a little over extended and has had to unload some of his talent. When your name came up I jumped at the chance to work with you. I'm a big fan.

Ray Charles (Jamie Foxx): What if I want to go to another company? There's a guy out there right now that'll pay me seven cents a record. Can you do that?

Ahmet Ertegun (Curtis Armstrong): Man, I could promise you fifteen cents a record but you won't get it. Anymore than he'll pay you seven. What I will do is promise you five cents a record and pay you five cents a record. You think pennies, Mr. Charles, you get pennies. You think dollars, you get dollars.

Ray Charles (Jamie Foxx): I like the way you put things together. Omlet, you're alright with me.

Ahmet Ertegun (Curtis Armstrong): Ahmet.

Ray Charles (Jamie Foxx): Ahmet. What kind of a name is that anyway.

Ahmet Ertegun (Curtis Armstrong): I'm Turkish.

Ray Charles (Jamie Foxx): Well, Ahmet, it looks like Jack Lauderdale's bad luck is my good fortune. I always knew Atlantic was bigger than Swingtime. You do great work there. I dig Atlantic.

Ahmet Ertegun (Curtis Armstrong): You could have fooled me.

Ray Charles (Jamie Foxx): Well, I gotta keep my eye on you city boys. Back home they call it country dumb.

No comments: